I won't go into the gory details but here's the short version:
- water breaks (leaving work)
- went to hospital (friendly security guy who gave us the score of the UNC game)
- waded through non-medicated contractions for 4 hours (ouch)
- finally got epidural at 3:15am (ahhhh...best decision I've ever made regarding pain)
- tried to "nap" until about 9am (ha)
- started pushing at around 10:45
- bouncing baby boy with a great set of lungs at 11:25am!! YIPPIE!
He's absolutely beautiful...can't wait to share some photos once we get home from the hospital and can load up some shots for all of you!
Here are the stats:
Lathan Dean Hicks
(Lathan-Andy's Dad's middle name, Dean-Jennifer's Grandmother's maiden name)
Born January 18, 2009 (Capricorn for you horoscope buffs)
20.5 inches long
Big feet! (Just like his folks)
Potentially red hair (hard to tell right now but it's likely!!)
Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone! Just wanted to let you all know how thrilled we are and that we're totally in love with the little guy. He's healthy and handsome...the best we could've wished for and lil'mama & daddychef Andy are doing great too.
The new "rents"