Wednesday, February 18, 2009

PHOTO FEATURE REQUEST

There has got to be some kind of "anti-squirm" feature they can add to cameras these days, right?  With all of the "smile recognition" and low light settings there are they've got to know that huge numbers of photographs are taken of new babies that SQUIRM!  I would say one out of every 25 shots we take defeat the squirm factor.  

Now that my rant is out of the way...HAPPY ONE MONTH BIRTHDAY LATHAN!! 

 I can't believe it's been a month, and what a great one.  We enjoyed our rainy birthday by eating, sleeping & pooping with the occasional story-time and some quality "look around at all of the stuff in the house" moments.  While I was scarfing down some lunch Lathan kicked-it in his carseat on the counter and discovered the kitchen.  Since it was day-time but not too bright I think he was able to take in more than usual.  


Andy took a few shots of Mommy & Baby in front of Frank, our lovely pink camellia that's in full bloom (but that will likely be toast in a couple of days because of the cold).  I don't know how we came up with that name but he, Frank, has really taken to it.  We moved him when we first bought our new house and he's been by the garage ever since.  TMI? Tough biscuits.

So I had an audience during one of our nursing sessions the other day--nothing freaky...just all the pets staring at us!  Skippy made one of his rare and infrequent approaches to Lathan and gave his sweet baby foot a lick. (Any of you who know Skippy the cat know that he's a foot licker).  When I said that Skippy was "licking" the baby Andy said..."no he's not, he's TASTING him".  AUUuugghh!  Skippy wants to devour Lathan!  I guess it's not that weird, I want to spread him on a cracker with some fig jam and eat him up too.  Anyhoo, I thought that was hilarious and creepy all at the same time.
Well, tonight State & UNC meet back up in Chapel Hill so we're going to see what kind of pain will ensue.  I've heard that the infamous Zeller will be in for UNC tonight.  Wow!  He was our pick at the beginning of the season until he was injured.  I thought he was out for the whole season!  Of course he's got to come back on Wolfpack night...ugh.

Yesterday we (Lathan & I) made our first excursion to CE Rental as mother & baby and had a blast!  Vicki has a magic touch with the little guy...he didn't make a peep the whole time we were there!  I had fun showing him off to the crew there but missed Wil & Charles...we'll catch up with you next time guys.

I think my time is running thin (it's almost dinner for all of us) so I'm going to wrap this one up.
Here's something for a good laugh...


No comments:

Post a Comment