Saturday, May 30, 2009

FOUR MONTHS & COUNTING



Such a cute smile!  

Here's the boy in his new seat--he loves it.  So much for Bumbo--this one's much better!

It's been a great month and Lathan's getting bigger and cuter by the day.  He's learned all kinds of new things including grabbing both feet at one time (for those of you who are yoga buffs...that's the "happy baby" pose--now we know why!), laughing at being held way up in the air (we all love that) and he's finally embraced the bottle and, most recently, the pacifier.  He sleeps great (we've actually had an 11 hour night if you can believe that!--most are around 8 hour stretches) and he takes lots of micro-naps during the day (not like a 2 hour mommy nap, those days are long gone!)


Here's me and the munchkin out for a ride in the BabyBjorn.  Love that thing.

We took a great walk today at the museum park after we stopped in to see Daddy and the gang at the restaurant.  They've been seeing much more of me lately but they hadn't seen Lathan in a while.  I've been working at least 2 days a week in the office and more like 3 days lately with all the continuing budget stuff and the upcoming opening events.  It's been good to be back but, of course, it never seems like there are enough hours in the day.


Crunch sun and lamby.  I think this might be a day chillin' with Daddy.

We just celebrated our 11th Anniversary!  Wow!  I got Andy a bunch of cute photos of Lathan framed (see below) and he got me a Ukulele!!  I've always wanted one and now I can't wait to learn to play!  I've already taught myself "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" so I'm on my way!  You guys need to check this guy out though...amazing.




These two pics were taken as part of Andy's anniversary present (our 11th on May 16th).  It was a series of photos of Lathan laying on many (not nearly all) of the letters & postcards that Andy sent to me while I lived in New York.  
So sweet.

Apparently Lathan really loves movie stars :)
Andy's been working out in the yard when he can.  He mostly just has to maintain what we've got and I'm sure he's dying to get the freakin' tomatoes in the ground!!  This year may be either a light veggie garden or possibly none at all.  You don't realize how much time it takes to do all that work until most of it goes towards growing a different specimen :)

Here's our beautiful clematis that I have to give Andy full credit for.  It's the best it's ever looked...still blooming like a fiend too.


We had a great 4 month checkup on the 22nd and everything seems to be going well.  We had tons of questions but they were all answered to our satisfaction.  We love our new doc--Dr. Lopez.  He's awesome with Lathan and spent a lot of time with us.  


Daddy and a budding NCSU fan!  Go pack!
Finally got our video camera hooked up to the computer (after having to upgrade and buy a new computer...ugh).  I'm going to try to upload a video but it's likely that it won't be edited at all.  Bear with me as I figure all that out.  Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get some of the first few videos off of there though and those are the ones I really want to see!  They're the videos of the first few days (even the first few hours!) of new baby Lathan.  It seems like a long time ago now--freaky how quickly time flies by now!

Last week went with Uncle B to see game 4 of the hockey semi-finals.  Too bad the Canes couldn't pull it out.  We had a great time catching up though.  AND--saw a cool iPod APP on the jumbotron...a COWBELL FOR YOUR IPHONE! Hilarious.  I must have that.

Lathan totally digs his Uncle "B" (Benton).  
He can't wait until he's big enough to get invited to a Hurricanes game too! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment