Thursday, August 27, 2009

Snoring Creatures

Well, it's rare that I get a moment these days to just sit and write while everyone is snoozing (usually because I'm doing so as well) but here we are.
Lathan is on his 2nd nap of the morning (and he slept great last night--what a doll) and Mooshu is just in the midst of his day-long transcendental nap--sometimes snoring with his eyes actually closed, sometimes the eyes are open but he's definitely asleep, sometimes he's kicking & yelping while asleep (I'm sure it's a dream about skipping though a field chasing butterflies--not being attacked by Lathan).

I've just been thinking this morning about some of the things I appreciate.

Some of the more mundane, yet AWESOME things include (but aren't limited to):

**Mr. Clean Magic Erasers--what are those things? They are truely magical.

**Waterproof Mascara--I don't yet have any but I will be purchasing some today. With my new sappy personality I really need to make that part of my arsenal. My friend Madeline recommended a book called The Kissing Hand for when Lathan starts school. I went on Amazon just read the review and got weepy. Jeeze.

**That kind of lipstick that's supposed to stay put and not kiss off. (Lipstick is probably my #1 beauty product I can't live without--but I can't be leaving kiss marks all over Lathan's face :)

**Downy Wrinkle Releaser--I may never iron anything ever again. It smells great too (it's still questionable whether it kills my brain cells or not--there has to be a catch somewhere).

**Rescue Me--The show on FX. Come on people...start watching, it's amazing.

**Wolfmother--I may need to make one of their songs my official theme music. I feel like I can take on just about anything when I'm listening to them.

Of course, these are all "things"--what I really appreciate most are my awesome family & friends. Ok, I'm not going down the "misty" road to elaborate--I have a meeting in an hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment